Kennebecasis Regional Police Force
The Kennebecasis Regional Police Force (KRPF) and its Joint Board of Police Commissioners Board recognize that our employees are our greatest asset.
With a growing complement of 45 sworn officers and 7 civilian staff, the KRPF is a regional police service offering a full menu of general and specialized policing to the picturesque suburban towns of Quispamsis and Rothesay (Pop. ~31,000 (2016)). The two towns are located along the beautiful Kennebecasis and Hammond Rivers and neighbour the City of Saint John
Are you looking to join this exceptional team in this exceptional place? Have a look at our Mission, Vision and Core Values to see if you are a good fit.
|COMPETION #||POSITION||DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION|
|KRPF_CONSTABLE TERM||Police Constable (See description below)||Open|
The minimum requirements to become a Sworn Police Officer, as outlined in the New Brunswick Police Act:
- Minimum 19 years of age
- Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada
- One of the following three options:
- Graduate of the Atlantic Police Academy Police Science Program
- Graduate of a comparable training course offered at a police training institute approved by the Minister of Public Safety*
- Have served a minimum of three years of satisfactory full-time service as a member of any police force in Canada
- Not having been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code of Canada, Controlled Drugs and Substances Act or Food & Drug Act for which you have not received a pardon.
- Be of good character and habits
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be medically fit to police force standards
- Must be able to pass the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (PARE) test to police standards
*The following Police Training Academies are currently recognized by the Minister of Justice and Public Safety:
- Atlantic Police Academy
- British Columbia Justice Institute
- RCMP Training Academy
- Canadian Forces Military Police Academy
- L’Ecole nationale de police du Quebec
- Ontario Police College
The Staffing Process
All appointments to KRPF are made based on merit through a competitive process in keeping with the KRPF Competency Based Management policy as well as applicable Canadian and provincial legislation.
The staffing process for sworn police constable positions will include but not be limited to:
- Submission of a Constable Application Package including:
- Background and Security Clearance
- Integrity/Suitability Interview
- Psychological Assessment
- Structured Reference Checks
Diversity and Inclusion
KRPF is committed to providing a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. It is our shared responsibility to prevent and eliminate harassment in the workplace.
Our aim is to ensure that all employees and job applicants are given equal opportunity and that our organization is representative of all sections of society. Each employee will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
Temporary Term Constable Positions